Series: Too Good #2
on November 19, 2013
Genres: Contemporary Romance, New Adult, Romance
Their relationship has been exposed, and now their lives are changed forever.
For Cadence Miller, the fast track to adulthood proves intimidating and frustrating. She’s a little girl lost—abandoned by her family and uncertain of her future. She doesn’t think she “fits” anywhere. She’s eighteen. She wants to be older. And the result is both comical and heartbreaking.
Mark Connelly will do anything to provide Cadence a stable, loving home—to be her protector. But he’s just as broken and lost, and his heart won’t let go of his past so easily. He knows he should share his secret with Cadence. He should trust that she’ll understand. But what if she doesn’t? What if their love doesn’t grow stronger?
What if it doesn’t get better?
I cannot wait for you to read BETTER the sequel to GOOD by S. Walden.
BETTER is absolutely amazing and you WILL be just as shocked and in love with both Cadence and Mark as you were in Good.
This is an EPIC love story. I would say unconventional but you already know that. 😉
You can purchase BETTER on Tuesday, November 19, 2013.
Be sure to scroll all the way down, I have lots of goodies to share with you!
Cadence scanned the lobby for her freshmen orientation group. Dozens of students loitered about, chatting and laughing. They all seemed to have friends already. How? How did they make friends so quickly if they were new?
Her face fell. The panic set in instantly, and she considered turning on her heel and darting out of the building. Everything was foreign and huge and scary all of a sudden. She didn’t think she had the guts to go to college.
“You look a little freaked out,” someone said beside her.
Her face shot up and saw him grin at her. He pulled on the straps of his book bag to tighten them, then adjusted the baseball cap on his head.
“I am,” Cadence replied. No point in lying about it. She knew her face was drained of color.
“It’s no big deal,” the boy said. He waved his hand around. “See? Just a building. Those people over there? Just people. Whatever, right?”
Cadence cracked a smile. “I’m still scared.”
The boy took off his hat. “Okay. I never do this for anyone.” He looked at Cadence and then adjusted the strap on the back of his cap. He placed it on her head.
She looked at him confused.
“That hat right there is magic, okay? It’s my lucky cap. I’ve had it for ten years.”
25 Random Facts About Mark
1. Born September 20, 1985
2. Astrological sign: Virgo
3. Only child
4. Really loves mac ‘n cheese (but it must be homemade. Nothing out of a box.)
5. Enjoys winter sports like snowboarding
6. Admires Winston Churchill
7. Is learning Italian
8. Had one serious girlfriend in high school
9. Favorite season: Fall
10. Wanted to be a scientist when he was little
11. Went to private school until seventh grade
12. Dislikes sodas except for Orange Crush
13. Of Irish and German ancestry
14. Plays guitar (what guy doesn’t?)
15. Is a HUGE Matrix fan (but doesn’t believe we live in the Matrix)
16. Owned a motorcycle in college
17. Is surprising Cadence with a plane ticket for Christmas
18. Can ride roller coasters but gets sick in simulators
19. Collects vintage watches
20. Likes reruns of Seinfeld
21. Reads biographies
22. Has perfect vision
23. Worked as a busboy in high school
24. Lost his father to cancer when he was a freshman in college
25. Exceptionally loyal to his friends
BOOK 1 – GOOD by S. Walden
You can read my review here.